I am writing this article to share information about how to delete a LinkedIn account. Some users may think that it’s an easy task, but unfortunately, they are wrong. Unfortunately, LinkedIn didn’t provide an option for deleting your profile or just your network of connections. So, if you want to delete your LinkedIn account, you have to do it in a complicated way.
- Log into your LinkedIn account.
- Right-click on “Settings” and choose “Edit”.
- Scroll down to “Account Settings” and click on it
- You can deactivate your LinkedIn profile by pressing the “Deactivate My Account” button. After clicking this button, LinkedIn will ask for your email so that they can contact you regarding any account updates or changes (you can unsubscribe at any time). At the bottom of the page, click “Yes, please delete my account”.
- Your profile will now say, “This user has chosen not to show their public profile.”
- Done This process is irreversible, so make sure you want to do it before confirming!
- Don’t forget – if deleting your LinkedIn account causes any problems with other services like Gmail or Google Drive, go back in and re-activate it again!
- If all else fails…call customer service for help 🙂
How to Permanently Delete Your LinkedIn Account
As you know, LinkedIn has been making the news for sending un-requested email invitations. As a result, the company faces a lawsuit from unhappy members who’ve left the site and now want out permanently.
The good news is that it’s easy to leave as long as you don’t mind forfeiting any claims to your profile data. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the LinkedIn account deletion page.
- LinkedIn will send you an email confirmation, and in a few days, they’ll let you know when your profile has been removed.
- In about 30 days, any account that remains unused will be permanently deleted. You can check the status of your account by logging in.
How to Deactivate LinkedIn Premium
Did you recently change your mind about LinkedIn Premium? Don’t know how to deactivate it? Worry no more! This article will show you the easiest way possible to delete your account.
Step 1: Head over to the Deactivate Account page.
Step 2: Type in your password and click Deactivate Now. *Remember this is case-sensitive*
If you are using a touch-screen device, double-tap each box (instead of typing). Deactivating an account takes up to 30 days, which includes the day you initiated the cancellation. You’ll get your money back within 1-3 weeks if you cancel during the 14-day free trial.
Done! Deactivated! Note that once you have successfully done this process, you can no longer recover your Deleted Account. Deactivated means Deleted, Gone, Finito!
How to Delete a LinkedIn Account on the Phone
Here’s how to do it right: Navigate to your list of apps
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on General,
- Scroll down to the ‘Storage’ section
- Underneath ‘Running,’ tap on LinkedIn.
- You’ll immediately see a prompt asking if you want to delete the app data. Click Delete App
- It should only take a few seconds for your phone to uninstall it. Don’t worry if you lose your keys
- Don’t worry about your LinkedIn contacts. Your list of connections is stored online on LinkedIn’s servers, so as soon as you log back into the app or navigate to linkedin.com from your phone browser, they’ll all still be there.
- That said, it’s always good practice to back up your LinkedIn data every once in a while. For that, you’ll need to download the desktop program.
- If you’d like to know how to delete a company page on Facebook, follow our link for more details.
What can you do when your LinkedIn Account has been Successfully Deleted?
- Firstly, you have to be patient since LinkedIn customer service representatives can’t restore the account during the deletion process. Only an experienced LinkedIn engineer can restore your account in case they need to investigate the problem.
- Secondly, if you want to rejoin LinkedIn, remember to choose another user name since your previous id has been taken for other purposes.
- Thirdly, if someone else created a fake account using your name or photo and damaged your reputation, there is no way to delete that account. You should contact Linkedin’s customer service representative to delete your understanding in this case.
- If you fail to open a new account in the future, you can contact LinkedIn directly. They can retain your contact details and resume service in a reasonable period if needed.
How do I Delete an old LinkedIn Account?
Visit your LinkedIn homepage and click the Me icon. Click Settings & Privacy. On the Account Management page, click Change next to Close account. Follow the instructions to close your account.
Why you should Delete LinkedIn?
- It’s all about oversharing.
- It may experience security breaches.
- Errors are made public.
- In the past, the organization misused data.
- I am unable to delete my LinkedIn account.
How Long Until the LinkedIn Account is Deleted?
On LinkedIn’s Settings & Privacy page, you can delete your account. We’ll remove your account info within a week. Your LinkedIn profile is still showing up in Google caches until they’re updated.